Tuesday, July 17, 2007

LINET, WE MISS YOU!


Linet.....Remembering a dear friend of almost anyone who knows her. She'll be always remembered for her exuberance, simplicity, modesty, cheerfulness, and above all a person who was loved by one and all. Though she's no more with us, the fond memories that we have of her will never die. We miss you dearly.
Arthy



Remembering Linet – “Let me be there!”

It was shocking to hear about Linet’s untimely demise. I still feel guilty that I got to know about it much too late coz I was not in touch with schoolfriends!!

Linet and I were in the same class. Although I liked her, we did not get a chance to be close friends. But I do have a few memories of Linet. I admired her for being very neat in her appearance. I know this might sound funny but I was so fascinated when she told me how she had got her hair straightened (the natural curls she had)after a trip to Bahrain when such things were not much heard of! She was one of the stars of the Blue House…be it song, dance, drama Linet was there on stage. She had a beautiful voice. I distinctly remember once Ms. Delphin asked one of us to sing a song to enliven the class after a tedious session of physics. And Linet went up to sing. I should say, she was never reluctant to do that and we had always recognized her as the “ singing star of our class.” So anytime there was a request for a song we would simply shout “Linet, Linet”!! She sang, “Let me be there in your morning, let me be there in your night time, All I ask you is let me be there…" We had a cheeky look and grin and made sure that Linet also smiled and blushed while singing …and when she finished Ms.Delphin summed it up well” for those of you who think it is a love song yes it is… but it is for the Holy Spirit!”

I can almost hear it now! "let me be there in your morning..."Yes Linet you are with us, you will always be…

I’m sure all of you have many more colorful memories of our dear Linet…do share it here…sabina





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Linet's pictures refreshened my memories of her , i remember that our sr helen used to like her very much as she used to sing well! and for the morning prayers that we used to have in front of the chapel before the assembly for catholic girls--- it was linet who started singing the hymes !Rosetta(MCC '90 batch)