Thursday, July 12, 2007

CLASS 7...........1986


The only class photo I have in my collection. Though I've gone through this picture a lot many times before, it's only now that it dawned upon me that I have a son who's doing his 7th. This picture was taken when I was his age and it's really unbelievable that so many years have passed by and it all looks like yesterday. That was Sr. Helen, our class teacher for that year. The only thing that I remember about her is that she was our Science teacher and that she always used to mistake Geetha for me and me for Geetha. I don't know if you guys remember that we were called "twins" while at school. Though we didn't find any striking resemblance between us, we very much enjoyed when others felt it that way. There are so many sweet memories associated with school life. I'm sure you will all agree with me if I had to say that our school life was the best phase of our life. The only responsibilty we had then was to study and be a good student. The rest of the work was done by our school and its faculty, doing all they could to mould us into perfect human beings. How can we ever forget the values that were inculcated in us, all through our school years?? This blog has formed a perfect platform for us to express our gratitude to all those who were responsible for moulding us.
Arthy.
PS.Click on the foto for an enlarged view.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my god...this foto makes me sooo nostalgic...i'm trying to identify the faces... and trying hard to hold back my tears...!!thanks arthy!!

Anonymous said...

Arthy dear, I still remember holding your son as a new baby in Benziger hospital when he was a few hours old. I will always cherish those memories and hold them close to my heart. Time flies fast and I am sure he must have grown into a fine teen with your good looks. I still recall he had ur cute eyes. love,Meera.